You need to breathe some new life into your business, and these ten business growth strategies for brands will get your mind going on ways to improve your business. Starting a successful business is one thing – keeping a business going and growing it is a lot more difficult. But if you understand going in what it takes, it’s not hard either.
Thankfully, there are so many ways to grow your business now using online marketing. If you’ve created a good business that solves problems for your audience, you can succeed using these ten effective business growth strategies for 2020.
Business Growth Strategies
- Automate Your Customer Review Process to Get More – Automation in all aspects is important, but one thing you can definitely put on automation is getting customer reviews. Set up your emails to ask for a review by including the request and link to your review page. Ensure that it goes out to them after they’ve had enough time and encouraging emails from you to use the product. Use reviews in your marketing efforts.
- Publish and Promote More Long-Form Evergreen Content – Content longer than 3000 words gets more views, more shares, and more interest. Creating and publishing in-depth, long-form content will improve your authority quotient exponentially. These can be product training or teaching blog posts that help your buyer or customer. It can also help them decide if your product is the right thing for them when they see it laid out.
- Focus More on List Building – When you first come into contact with your ideal customer, try to get them on your list more than trying to sell to them directly. Focus on pulling people to get on your list who are aware of their problem and you. In this way, you can learn more from them while also marketing your products and services to them more directly. An email list is a perfect way to warm up prospects. You can build brand awareness, help them understand the problem you solve, and know if your product is the right one for them to use.
- Reward Your Loyal Customers – Keeping a customer around longer is always a better choice than spending time and money getting new customers. For this reason, create products to sell to them after they’ve become customers and focus on rewarding them for their loyalty to you. For example, give them discounts before you give a new customer a discount. While it can be tempting to go after new customers, it can benefit your brand a great deal when you get incremental sales from current customers. On Amazon, they often recommend related products and when your customers buy them together it improves you exposure to customers.
- Focus on Community Building – Connect and engage more with your audience because it’ll make it easier for you to figure out how to solve their problems and provide a lot of value to them. Plus, from their end, it makes them feel more trusting about your solutions. When you engage more with your customers and audience, you begin to understand clearly what they are interested in and what issues they have that you can solve. This can be as easy as conducting surveys with your email list or participating in relevant Facebook groups. When your brand is present in those areas will engender you more to your customers.
- Know and Represent Your Values and Your Mission Consistently – Decision making is so much simpler if you know what your principles and values are and understand your mission. Take the time to figure out so that everything you do appears consistent, which will elicit trust from your market. If you know what your values are for the company and where you are heading, you can easily decide if an opportunity is right for you. Even if you don’t decide to sell on Amazon directly, you can determine if other courses of action like having other resellers selling your product on Amazon is a good idea.
- Offer Your Customers What They Need at the Time They Need It – When you take the time to do the research and know what your customers want and need through each stage of their buying journey, you’ll be a lot more successful. Ask people who have purchased why they bought and what made them decide to buy. This helps you understand the buying process for your buyers. You can also ask them how the product is used in their day. Then when you are writing copy for emails or listings, you can describe the uses for the product to your ideal customer in a clear way. You will seem to be reading their minds but you just listened and offered them the solution that they needed.
- Pay for Marketing and Advertising Strategically – Once you know that your business concept will work, you’re making money, and you’re growing (but not fast enough), it’s time to choose to pay for advertising. Do work with someone who knows what they’re doing, especially on Amazon. On Amazon, you can build the sales and connect with more customers at a lower cost using their PPC platform but it’s easy to overspend.
- Learn About and Implement Search Engine Optimization Religiously – SEO is an important strategy to learn because it’s so important for search engines. But even more importantly, the process helps you ensure that your content fits your customers along with making it findable. SEO also applies to your Amazon listings. You need to build strong keyword rich listings that talk about the features and benefits of your products. You can paint clear pictures in your customer’s minds about how to use the products just in the words you choose. But SEO on Amazon can be complicated, so it’s best to work with a partner if you need help.
- Creating More Landing Pages and Launch More Offers – More offers really do mean more money and growth if they’re truly relevant and add value for your customers. Focus efforts on product creation so that you can launch more often to grow faster. Taking the process of managing your Amazon account off your plate gives you more time as an owner to focus on growing all of your business, not stuck in the weeds.
When you look at this list, it becomes clear that one of the most important aspects of growing your business in 2020 is to create, publish, and promote more compelling and relevant content, while focusing on list building and promotion. These business growth strategies are not that different from the past, but you do need to ensure your content is high quality to succeed today.
Building that content depends on your understanding of your customers and their goals and desires. When you spend time connecting with them, asking them why they bought and what they are using this product for, you can communicate with your customers in their own language.
If you need help with building your brand and increasing your sales and profitability, let’s talk.